Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hello Ian.

Ian,
Welcome to our little family. For a while now, your mom, sister, and I have been waiting to meet you. For as long as I can remember, having been a son to an excellent father, I've been filled with wonder at the thought of being a dad myself to my own little boy. Being a father to your sister has been the greatest joy I've known, and now adding you as my son is an excitement indescribable to me. You will carry on our family name, and you will be the future patriarch of a family just now budding.

Allow me to briefly introduce you to your little family:



Mommy is the standard of excellence and the glue to our family. She's like me but smarter, prettier, smells nicer, and ... she's a girl. Very unlike me, she likes olives and running. Very much like me, she loves good food and traveling. Mommy also loves naps, so let's keep that in mind as we grow older.



Caroline is the little beating heart of our family. She's quite a charmer and is beloved by anyone and everyone who lays eyes on her. She's a little rambunctious and likes doing things her way. She loves bananas, music, dancing, monkeys, shoes, playing dress up, and reading. She also loves you very, very much.



Daddy likes his music loud, his books partially read, his food raw or rare, and the Dallas Cowboys (though real football is played overseas as what we call "soccer"). I love ties and cuff-links but really prefer a ten year old pair of Longhorn shorts. While I don't like running, I do love cycling and walking around a golf course, though I'm not great at either. What I am great at is music, and I'm curious to see if you share that with me.



Piper is like a bear - a giant bear of love. She often sits on her rear like a bear, but she also plays on her back like a kitten. She loves fetch, eating, walks, and shedding. She's really the sweetest dog you'll ever meet and will be one of your best friends in this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home